So my first attempt at the blog thing was a great effort, followed by no gusto. I thought I would do this weekly, maybe monthly, but as you see it's been 4 months since I have posted an update. Now things are different. Life is different. We have seen mom through a ferocious battle with cancer (this is a picture of her the morning of her surgery, that day she had the upper and middle lobe of her right lung removed), grandma is still fighting her lung cancer and to top it all off, I found out I am pregnant, due May 6th. So now, it's serious. I am commited to updating all the tid bits of life that I will surely forget as I glance back in a year, two, ten. I don't want to forget one sentance Ethan says, much less the big stuff.
So we found out we're pregnant, told the fam, told Ethan and here we go again. I am currently 6 weeks and am no longer "complaining" of being symptom free. When I went for my first appointment I told the ultrasound lady, "To be honest, I don't even know if I am pregnant, because I am symptom free!". She did the ultrasound and barely found our little peanut, 5 weeks and 5 days old, all 2 millimeters of him/her. A grain of rice, but a heartbeat of a lion! I am already so proud. I was complaining of being symptom free because I wanted to "feel" pregnant. Now, a mere 6 weeks and 4 days, my face looks like that of a 14 year old in the throws of adolescense, my boobs are the grand tetons and I am hungry, uh, no not hungry, sick all the time. Yeah!
Ethan's favorite game these days is "you be the baby, I be the daddy", he tells me to go to sleep, gives me a hug and kiss and goes to find my bottle. I have a feeling more of this game is to come. Ethan thinks the baby will be actually coming out of my belly button, such a literal little guy. He told a a full of guests at a birthday party recently that his mommy is growing a baby in her stomach. We are proud of his grasp of the concept up to this point. Another funny thing he is doing now is saying, mommy, I am proud of you, whenever I do something right or good. He is such fun.
Ok, so I'm commited now. More later.

No comments:
Post a Comment