I am so proud of Ethan's real sense of his own feelings. He has the ability to communicate his true feelings more than some adults I know. It started when Weezie told me Ethan was upset when she told him she was going to run to the store and let Mr. Bill watch them for a bit. Very attached to Weezie he says, "no Weezie, don't leave, that makes my feelings run away!" Ok, so not quite but so close. Now he seems right on target. When we discipline Ethan or tell him no, he promptly, emphatically states, "that makes me feel SAD" usually with arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. The other day I don't recall what we were talking about but he told me "that makes me feel nervous". Today I came home early from work with a terrible head cold and tried to get an hour of sleep in before Jarett and Ethan came home. I heard Ethan's bounce as soon as he entered the house so I woke to greet them. "Mommy, I sorry I wake you up." "It's ok Ethan", "Oh thank you Mommy, that makes my heart feel super happy".
Can you imagine him at 20. Oh he is going to be such a communicator, I love it. I do believe I credit my gene pool for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment