Typically August 29th is not the day most make their new years resolutions. That's why this one just may "take". Quick recap on the last year since I abandoned my blog. Mason is one, Ethan is 4 and mom is back in chemo. Andrea is searching for meaning in everything, from "what am I supposed to be doing with myself these days?" to "look at that horizon". Mostly on my way home from an incredibly full day of finessing job offers, eating crow and kissing some bootie, I allow my mind to wander. Oh to be paid to write. Oh to be a glass blower with an nose ring and wild bohemian hair and clothes. Oh to stay at home with my children and be the one to teach them E-T-H-A-N instead of discovering he can write his name and having a complete melt down while at a child's birthday party!
What has brought on this new self reflection? Well, I'll just repeat. Mason is one, Ethan is 4 and mom is back in chemo. Life is literally flying by at mock speed and I just want to jump up and grab it and halt it all for a moment, just to catch my breath. As far as who I am and what I should be doing? I am trusting God to show me the way and I am hoping I will have those spiritual eyes and ears of mine alert enough to catch it as it comes my way.
Meanwhile.....since I find a lite up blank computer screen completely irresistible and therapeutic, I'll just write.
No comments:
Post a Comment