I'm starting to see a theme here. Post, recommit myself to blogging, don't blog again for 6 months, post, recommit.... etc. etc.
To catch up. Ethan is 5 years old this Saturday and Mason, his playmate extrodinaire is 19 months. Ethan loves his little sister and especially loves to use her as his "play toy". I have witnessed him more than once changing her into dress up clothes, and pretending they are husband and wife. I even watching him propose, put a ring on her finger and kiss her on the cheek. He didn't know I was watching. I of course try to catch each moment on video and pictures and I immediately text to mom, marie and Sydney and then send another text to Susan and Aunt Wanda. Marie tends to reply all a little too much and she can have a dirty mouth! Thus, the separate texts.
Some funny things about our little E. Preschool has been interesting. I don't think Ethan loves the idea of school. He groans when he realizes it's a "school day" and cheers when her realized it's a Weezie day. But when he goes, he thrives. Our first parent teacher conference went well and we boasted at the stamp of approval Ms. Panavich gave us as parent.
We receive the stamp of approval IN SPITE of a few little incidents with our little man. This story, now famous in the Harrelson, Cote inner circles is a keeper:
Ethan and Rivers were loading up in the car one day when it was my turn to pick up from preschool. As they were buckling themselves, Rivers, in her very precious, sweet voice says, "Ethan and Milling said something today to me that really hurt my feelings", what was that I asked, "They told me they were going to kill my parents and my cat!" As I was picking my jaw off the car floor, Ethan puts his index finger up in the air and says, "I never said the cat!" in his Ethan Boston Accent. Wow. There are no words. Needless to say, after MANY conversations with Rivers mom, Weezie, Ms. Panavich, Ms. Farand (the lunch bunch teacher where this happened) and even a call to my neighborhood child counselor, Meredith, we are feeling ok about things. That Ethan. That Ethan.

No comments:
Post a Comment